I wrote a review for Hexaglyphics when it was released back in May of 2015 (check it out here). I was pretty enthusiastic about it, because I'm a big fan of noise apps, and Hexaglyphics brought some unique features to the iOS scene.
Today the developers of Hexaglyphics, Phantom Devices, have released an update to Hexaglyphics. Check out the list of new features in Version 1.1:
- Added subsonic sine generator for generating sub basses and 808-ish kicks.
- Latch mode and click mode are now on different buttons.
- Added "Latch Filter" mode for holding just the filter setting.
- Added button in "Latch All" mode that clear everything and stop the generator.
- Added "Hybrid" mode that behave like Standard mode with multi-touch and like Click mode with single touch.
- Added "Channel Mode" button for selecting stereo noise generation and different output splitting.
- Extended range for the fourth noise generation mode.
- Added a fifth noise generation mode for high-pitched beeps.
- Minor improvements to Audiobus support, updated Audiobus API to 22.214.171.124
- Slightly reduced gain for increasing headroom.
- Settings saving on exit, settings loading on opening.
Some of these new features can be seen in the new user guide from the developer:
If you're into glitch, noise, or abstract music, you really should check out Hexaglyphics. I think it's a real unique app, and has such a great tactile response. I really like sending these sounds through some reverb or delay (the AUFX Space and Dub apps work great), and getting lost in the sounds.
If you're thinking about buying Hexaglyphics, please consider clicking through our App Store link below. Thanks!Hexaglyphics Noise Generator
Developer: Nicola Pisanti