The long-awaited Cream Mobile arrived recently on the App Store, bringing a new take on arpeggiators. What once existed on the desktop is now available for iPad. While there are not any iPad demos from the developers just yet, take a look at this demo from the desktop version:
Cream Mobile is a very deep, very powerful arpeggiator. This one took me awhile to get going on, just due to the sheer number of controls. At first, I had trouble even figuring out how to get it started. Thankfully, there are quite a few demos songs and patterns to look at in order to get a grip on the app. I would definitely recommend starting with one of the songs provided, and tweak that around a bit.
Here's a full look at the details, courtesy of the App Store:
The world's best software arpeggiator is now available as an iPad application.
Kirnu Cream Mobile is a very powerful MIDI performer music application for iPad.
This version is almost identical to the plugin version except the mobile version includes internal synthesizer and single drum track.
Mobile version also has only one arpeggiator track by default. If needed, the rest three tracks can be purchased separately with in-app-purchase option.
This version can open plugin version presets and vise versa.
- 4 independent tracks (One track available by default. Other can be added via IAP)
- 12 patterns per track
- Very powerful internal 2 OSC synthesizer FOR EVERY 4 TRACKS
- Two different views: Classic and quick edit view.
- Live Keyboard, Chord Memory and Pattern Sequencer sections.
- Sample accurate MIDI engine.
- Easy to use note hold mode with transpose and bypass functionality.
- Presets are compatible with the plugin version.
- Powerful Pattern Step Data Section:
- Tool section enables easy data editing.
- All data sections are independent from each other.
- Data sections can be looped with several different loop modes.
- Chord memory section enables different chords to be used in every step.
- Sequencer section enables sequencing the notes.
- Accent, order, gate, accent, transposition, note divide, note shift.
- 8 CC controls in each pattern.
- MIDI learn for all knob controls.
- Control Zone for changing most important parameters via external keyboard or MIDI events.
- Audiobus (generator) support
- MIDI sync with host and slave mode
- And lots of more
With Cream Mobile it’s very easy to create catching lead parts, bouncing bass lines, swinging drums and lots of other cool stuff. The only obstacle is your imagination
Cream Mobile isn't like any traditional MIDI arpeggiator or sequencer. It's a lot more. With simple and clever design it has been made easy to learn and operate. You can easily create cool performances by tweaking only couple of controls. If this is not enough for you there are so many ways you can control Cream that you never feel bored with it.
Kirnu Cream is good for everybody; hobbyists, professionals, producers, composers, mamas, papas... whoever needs a good MIDI performer to make their songs PERFECT!
If you are sick and tired of conventional MIDI arpeggiators, performers, sequencers you should try Cream and see yourself how it differs from the rest.
There are a few arpeggiators available for iOS musicians today. One of my favorites has always been Arpeggionome Pro by Alexander Randon (Alexandernaut). Cream Mobile is definitely in the same category as Thesys by Sugar Bytes. Very powerful, and very overwhelming at first. Whereas Arpeggionome Pro is a "launch it and go" app, Cream Mobile is going to take some time and dedication to figure out all the controls.
There is an online manual (in .pdf form) that can provide some basics. Definitely worth a read. I'm not even going to pretend that I know all of what Cream Mobile can do at this point, simply because this app is so deep. But I suspect that there will be an "a-ha!" moment for most users, once they get past some of the initial confusion.
If you've been looking for a powerful arpeggiator, and you are not afraid to put in a little work, Kirnu Cream Mobile might be right for you. And as of right now (January 16, 2016), the app is on sale for $5.99 USD (regularly $9.99). Check it out at the App Store link below![app 890886111]